**Service Update! Boxing at Uprise Fit has grown, and now we are now Ten-Eight Performance Gym**
Open for Appointments! Full regulation boxing ring!
Follow for grand opening packages
Whether you’re just looking to get fit, or get the fighting edge, Boxing with our coach Kyle is a must-try! Boxing uses explosive movement, timed efforts mixed with relaxation and recovery, proper breathing, and deceptive movement. When hand eye coordination is synced with proper hip and foot coordination, we can throw effortless power. Push your brain, its a mental puzzle to perfect technique while pushing your cardiovascular limits. Best of all you’re learning a skill by training Olympic style boxing. TRAIN LIKE AN ATHLETE!
One-on-one (Competitor or Non-Competitor)
Non-Competitors: Learning a new skill is how our brains stay healthy. Working on creating a good base and moving correctly is an extreme workout and benefit for our reactions. Boxing is a great tool to gain cardiovascular endurance, tone muscles, and work the body from head to toe. Focusing and obsessing on your new techniques will have you forgetting you’re even working out.
Competitors in combat Sports:
- Don’t get hit, Win fights.
- Perfect Striking techniques to increase efficiency and power.
- Brick wall hand defence by drilling technical parry and catching applied with defensive footwork.
- Learn fight IQ
- How to cut off opponents and be illusive.
- Add effective defence and countering.
- Using angles and creating openings.
- Get 1 on 1 work on mitts.
Semi-Private Learn to Box Programs
All pod classes come with cardiovascular training and many punches.
Current sessions every Tues and Thurs at 5:45 (beginner) or 6:45(advanced) (3 months, then month-to-month) * Start ANYTIME!! Other times available*
You WILL Learn REAL Boxing technique (and get hella-fit)
- Stance and Hand Positioning. Moving within stance and keeping positional awareness. Distance management. Straight Punches.
- Shadow Boxing in our stances, cutting off opponents and illusiveness. Straight punches. Understanding Defence. Distance management.
- Perfecting the backhand Straight punch. Adding Lead Hand Hooks. 2 minute round Fitness test.
- Defensive Exiting. Parry. Catching punches on defence and offence. Offensive Fakes and Faints.
- Catching Punches. Head Movement. Fainting. Creating Angles.
- Putting it all together. Creating openings. Counter Punching.
- Sitting on punches. Adding Power.
- Slipping punches. Catching punches. Combinations.
- Shadow box. 2 Minute round fitness test for improvement. Head movement and Slips with pivots.
- Learning application of combinations mixed with defence and pivots. Creating angles before punching. Perfecting Faints and Fakes.
- Applying everything. Outward back step to begin combinations. Combinations and intensity. 2 Minute round Fitness Test.
- Using new skills. Moving and punching. When to use energy and when to recover.
- Hit the Coach ( optional ), score points on boxing coach, test offensive skill on real boxer.